12.02.2009

Three?

I want to record this so that I don't forget to tell you in the date review.

First of all, Three and Four are lined up and ready to go. Look forward to that.

Second of all, this whole experiment really started because I got a pesky communication notification from eharmony a few weeks ago when I was with my best friend, and I made the mistake of complaining to her about it.

"What?! SOMEONE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU? TALK TO HIM!" she screamed in the confined space of the car. I hesitated. I had gotten in the habit of deleting these emails and letting my subscription be renewed month after month without ever using it, you know, just in case.

But something about her prodding, something ALWAYS about her prodding (maybe it's the volume), made me do it.

"Fine." So I answered his communication. And then it turned into the beast of this blog and this dating experiment.

The person who contacted me that fateful day kind of fell out of touch. He stopped writing. I lost interest and started talking to other people. But, long story short, it turns out he sent his phone number in an email and, when I didn't call him, took that as a sign of my disinterest.

This misunderstanding turned into Three. Everyone, meet Three.

Anyway, as I'm writing the post that I'm about the post, he's texting me apologizing for the miscommunication. We're both apologizing for the miscommunication.

And then, this conversation took place. Brace yourself, ladies.

Three: Ok. I appreciate your sincerity. Sometimes it's hard to filter the signal from the noise.
Me: Nope, no noise here. Honestly.
Three: I meant in the semiotic sense. [Am I the only word nerd who is already swooning?]
Me: I know. I did, too.
Three: I'm a bit inebriated so everything I text, you need to take with one molecule of NaCl.
Three: If you understand that, then I love you. :-)
Me: Salt. Got it. ;)
Three: Ok well ummmm. You are kinda hot.
Three: Do you like geeks?
Me: It would depend on the geek. That's pretty general. He could be a geek who called me ugly, in which case I wouldn't.
Three: Well um, if a sort of intellectual non-jock thought you were quite attractive?
Me: And he was nice?
Three: Very nice.
Me: Then chances are I'd like him a lot.

There were so many points earned in that exchange, I lost count.

1 comment: