2.24.2010

Bird by Bird

I apologize in advance for the let down. Not for me. For you, unfortunately. I've found in reading Bird by Bird that there isn't much in it to "review." It's a fabulous book that I highly recommend for any level of or interest in writing, a book that I find myself rereading chapters of depending on what I'm struggling with, but there's not much to say about it other than YES THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ABOUT WRITING and WHAT A GOOD IDEA TO FOCUS MY CREATIVE MIND and HAHA ONLY A WRITER WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT. See? It would be an obnoxious review. So I'm scanning my pile of unread books, looking for something I can whip up and present to you on Friday for review. The thinnest one on the shelf? Blubber, by Judy Blume. Another attempt at my Blume revival. Maybe this one will be a more positive experience?

I plan on sticking with fiction from here on out. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment