2.01.2010

Click

I was so happy to wake up this morning to a sense of guilt for not having written on this blog lately. It was a wonderfully refreshing way to greet the day.

Here's something I should have explained a lot sooner: I am not okay with, in any capacity, writing about people in my life on a public blog when they are completely unaware of it. I, for this reason, have tried to make this blog as anonymous as possible, but any one who knows me or knows one of these men could easily identify these stories as themselves or their friends. People are not stupid. Case in point, and a moment of personal revelation: I no longer talk to my brother, my best friend, the most important person in my life, because of something that I wrote about him on a blog that his girlfriend found through a friend of hers. And it wasn't even something bad. So, maybe I should have been more clear about this: I will not be writing about men that I date until they are over and done with and completely out of my life. Take it from me, it is not worth losing something as important as a person over something as silly and inconsequential as a blog.

Would I like to blog about all of these dates with Nine? YES. Don't ever mistake this as laziness. All last night I was conjuring sentences and funny quips about the dinner he made me, about the kissing, about the AMAZING way he talked to me when I was giving him head, etc. This is probably not the right mindset to be in when you have a penis in your mouth, nor is it the right mindset to be in when you are trying to emotionally connect with someone (with or without the penis in your mouth). But do not take my silence as ambivalence. It's not. It's respect for these men who may turn into something more. This isn't just a weekly review of books. Books are stagnant and unfeeling and can never google something that might lead to something that might lead to this blog. This is also a weekly review of dates, and as entertaining as it would be for you all to watch as I have weekly dates that lead to hilarious blog posts, it would be pretty demoralizing for me. It's also not the point of dating. Dating, if there is any success to it, leads to emotional and physical connection. That may just happen from time to time in this process. And it might just happen, although I'm not suggesting that it be with Nine, that it leads to the ultimate in emotional and physical connections. That is far more important (and the greater purpose of this whole thing, read the subtitle) than updating the blog on a regular, weekly basis. Sorry.

Now, the book reviews? I have no excuse for that. But I kinda just assumed that no one was reading those anyway...

Obviously I was wrong! Expect Julie and Julia tonight and Into the Wild tomorrow. Really! I already have notes prepared!

1 comment:

  1. Dear 104 - I want to throw in my condolences to your past experiences as I just discovered the very thing you were talking about with blog writing, family, and total misunderstandings. When you write you really put yourself out there and if it is read wrong well the consequences are devastating. For all the reasons you are listing. So, as if you need any, I am supporting you on this. If you can and are able to give mini updates then that is great. But hey maybe, just maybe, you found your guy. AND THAT IS THE POINT!

    I also enjoy the book reviews. It gives me something to hunt for in the book stores.

    ReplyDelete